Tattoo Tuesday-Children’s Books

Art Books Random Geekery Tattoo Tuesday

My brain nearly jumped out of my head with excitement as I explored the beautiful bounty of literary skin art on Contrariwise.org (and a few other sites).  Out of all of my many obsession literature is by far the one dearest to me.  It tickles my soul to see so many people who felt a such a deep connection with an author, novel, character, quote, etc. and were inspired to put it on their body.  This weeks theme I’ve decided to do a tribute to Children’s Books and authors.

My earliest and fondest memories of literature was Mufaro’s Beautiful Daughtersbecause that was the first time I read about princesses who looked like me.  I can’t forget about our family’s Bible sized book of Brothers Grimm: Fairy Tales; the table of contents was sprinkled with check marks to signify which stories we read (some stories had a few check marks!).

There are a so many wonderful Children’s Books I couldn’t possibly include them all (that could be its own blog!) but don’t worry Tattoo Tuesday will happen as long as Tuesdays and this blog exists, but most importantly as long as I don’t forget!  If you comment (and answer the question below) I’ll make sure to try to include your favorite book the next go ’round.

Reminisce with me in the comment section:  Which is/are your favorite children’s book(s) and why?

If you are interested in having me feature your geeky tattoo on a future Tattoo Tuesday feel free to email me at girlgonegeekblog[at]gmail.com.
***Click on the image to read more about the inspiration behind each persons tattoo***

Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince)

Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince)

English translation: “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.” - Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince) by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"Anansi the Spider: A Tale from the Ashanti." By: Gerald McDermott's

Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie

“UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” - Excerpt from The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

Cat in the Hat

The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

“If you are a dreamer, come in, If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer… If you’re a pretender, come sit by my fire For we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!” - Invitation by Shel Silverstein

“Contrariwise,” continued Tweedledee, “if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn’t, it ain’t. That’s logic.” - Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There

Inspired by Alice in Wonderland

Where the Wild Things Are

Where the Wild Things Are

9 thoughts on “Tattoo Tuesday-Children’s Books”

1. GirlsAreGeeks - August 3, 2010 8:39 pm

Oh my, these are great! I love children’s books, and knew almost all of them before reading what they were from. I’ve never wanted a tattoo, but if I did, I might consider something like my favorite quote! Ever read Munsch? Best children’s book ever: Purple, Green, and Yellow

Rosalind
    Girls Are Geeks

1. gurlgonegeek - August 4, 2010 12:15 am

Aww yes! I loved “Love you Forever” that book always makes me want to cry! lol I don’t think I’ve read “Purple, Green, and Yellow” but next time I’m in Barnes and Nobles I will read it! I’m glad you liked these, this is my favorite Tattoo Tuesday so far for sentimental reasons.

2. Pingback: Tattoo Tuesday- Alice in Wonderland « Girl Gone Geek's Blog

3. Pingback: 300th Blog Post Giveaway Contest « Girl Gone Geek's Blog

4. Tanya Rennick - April 12, 2011 5:35 am

I have so enjoyed looking at these as I am both a lover of inspirational children’s books and tattoos. I love them all and am now absolutely itching to get one done. I tweet as @theoysterclub and often post #pearlsofwisdom – I have countless ideas and probably not enough body!

I adore “The Little Prince” and I read “Where The Wild Things Are” to my son last night – how spooky!

Thank you so much for sharing these!

1. GirlGoneGeekBlog - April 12, 2011 11:35 am

so glad you enjoyed these. one of my favs!

5. Pingback: Children’s Books Gone Geek « Girl Gone Geek's Blog

6. Ruth Jimenez - December 27, 2011 3:16 pm

I don’t know how I missed this! It was meant to be though. While taking the tube in London and catching up on my emails I came upon this little quote that was meant to be!!

“The best moments in reading are when you come across something – a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things – that you’d thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you’ve never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it’s as if a hand has come out and taken yours.” – Alan Bennett

7. sophiane - December 27, 2011 4:19 pm

My favorite book for children is “Just so stories” by Rudyard Kipling but if i ever get a “quote” tattoo that will definitely be one of neil gaiman’s. I’m considering a verse from the poem “going wodwo” in fragile things