Tattoo Tuesday- The Lord of the Rings

Books Fantasy Tattoo Tuesday

As us LOTR fans patiently wait for “future” Hobbit film to stop mercilessly teasing us about its off-again-on-again’ness we can look at these precious LOTR tattoos (bad pun sorry lol!).
If you are interested in having me feature your geeky tattoo on a future Tattoo Tuesday feel free to email me at girlgonegeekblog[at]gmail.com.
***Click on Images for Links***

The Doors of Durin

The Ent

“…the original cover art for the Lord of The Rings that Tolkien drew.”

“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.” – All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter by J. R. R. Tolkien

Nazgul

Tattoo of Gandalf Quote, “I will not say do not weep, for all tears are not evil.”

Saruman

Just say NO Frodo!

Scary Orc Tattoo

Aragorn

Smaug tattoo

Scariest Gollum tattoo I could find

White Tree of Gondor

Quoted from Jim Genzano “The tattoo says “Elendil,” the name of a character from J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, written in Tolkien’s Tengwar script. In the Elvish language Quenya, the name means “elf friend” or “star lover.” Elendil’s name written in this fashion was often used as his badge and a device on his seals. I got the tattoo – my first – as a memorial tattoo after the death of my friend Star. I liked the “star” connection, and also Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings had a huge effect on me growing up and is still my favorite series of novels. Star was also a fan.”

“The Eye was rimmed with fire, but was itself glazed, yellow as a cat’s, watchful and intent, and the black slit of its pupil opened on a pit, a window into nothing.”

“The script is Elvish Tengwar from J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings”.”

Witch King

Nazgul

To my surprise and disappointment I couldn’t find any Legolas Tattoos! BUT @youbentmywookie found this Legolas Tat after I tweeted my dilemma, hey it’s better than nothing! If you find one send it on over!

Legolas

14 thoughts on “Tattoo Tuesday- The Lord of the Rings”

1. ladyerinia - September 22, 2010 12:34 am

I would never have thought to google some tattoos from LotR, but damn, those are nice. It makes me want to reconsider my second tattoo! Thanks for the post!

1. gurlgonegeek - September 22, 2010 1:09 am

yeah I love these! I think the drawings straight from the book are beautiful and elvish is so elegant!

2. GirlsAreGeeks - September 22, 2010 11:20 am

Those are amazing. The Aragorn one really looks just like him!

3. Pingback: Weekly Link Goodness 9-24-10 « Girls Are Geeks

4. LOTRGirl27 - November 25, 2010 11:00 am

Thats the best and most epic thing I have ever seen

5. Sam - February 3, 2011 9:45 pm

Hah, oh dear. That doesn’t say Elendil at all. All it says is “ldl”.

1. GirlGoneGeekBlog - February 3, 2011 10:29 pm

ooo really? I just took the quote straight from the person. uh oh!

1. Jasmine Akhtar - July 7, 2011 5:46 pm

I have a legolas tatt, I have no idea how old this site it, do you want it? It’s nothing as nice as those ones you posted though.

1. GirlGoneGeekBlog - July 8, 2011 9:19 am

I’d love to add it still! email me at girlgonegeekblog[at]gmail.com

2. Morelen - November 10, 2012 9:25 am

Just stumbled upon this while looking for a better image of another tattoo…
      That tattoo says L ND L (in Quenya Mode) which is a common shorthand for “Elendil”.
      The real sad thing is that script tattoo on the woman’s back. They apparently used a downloadable Tengwar font and didn’t bother to check the letters before getting it. It’s only gibberish because most fonts available have a different keyboard layout.

6. Pingback: 300th Blog Post Giveaway Contest « Girl Gone Geek's Blog

7. maria - March 22, 2013 2:00 pm

yo tengo tres tattos de golumm

8. Molly Blazor - August 12, 2013 12:22 am

Oh man! The Doors of Durin tat is AMAZING! I would also love the White Tree of Gondor. Beautiful! I’d like to see some Ent tats..I’m gonna have to google that now.